Mechanized Track Welding Machines
At Bug-O Systems, we are a premier mechanized cutting and welding equipment designer and manufacturer. We are committed to using only the highest quality materials and USA craftsmanship to bring you the best in welding technology. Our track welding systems are ideal for the metal-working industry, including Shipbuilding, Tank Fabrication, Transportation, and more. With increased efficiency, safety, and profitability, our equipment is designed to take your business to the next level.
The DC IV is a dual-speed range, positive rack & pinion drive, ready for mounting, welding, or cutting attachments and accessories. It consists of a DC IV Drive unit mounted on a 12″ (305 mm) Carriage.
- Wing Nut locks clutch
- Cam Clutch engages and disengages the drive
- Power Cord
- Power Indicator Light
- Forward-Off-Reverse Switch
- Infinitely Variable Speed Control
- Circuit Breaker
- Factory Installed Pinion provides a high torque, low-speed range
- Alternate Pinion bypasses the bull gear to obtain a low torque, high-speed range
The GO-FER® IV is a portable, versatile, and robust tractor designed for all your cutting and welding needs. It’s like having three units in one! When used for cutting, you can utilize either oxy-fuel or plasma torches.
It can also carry a Plasma torch for gouging. The GO-FER® IV can be used in all positions.
- A drive motor to suit all applications with speeds from 2.5 to 100 ipm (63.5-2540 mm/min)
- Dynamic braking of motor prevents drift in all positions
- Bright digital pre-settable travel speed meter for actual ipm
- Two independent built-in contactors for dual torch applications
- Large industrial sealed rocker switches (welding glove-friendly)
- Quick–Action Gas manifold, twin-hose assembly, and cable anchor
Modular Drive System
The Modular Drive System is the only product in the industry that allows the user to configure one machine for multiple applications. The Master Drive Unit accepts several interchangeable control modules for programmable shape cutting, straight line cutting/welding, stitch welding, programmable stitch welding, arc gouging, linear weaving, and pendulum weaving.
- High torque, low inertia motor
- Dedicated fail-safe brake
- Motor overload protection
- Closed loop speed control
- Closed loop position control
The PIPER-PLUS is a self-contained, digitally controlled, mechanized pipe welding system, producing high deposition rates with excellent weld quality to reduce pipe welding costs. Featuring increased duty cycle and arc-on time, this track welding machine provides significant productivity improvements.
All welding parameters, including voltage, wire feed speed, current, travel, and oscillation are programmable and digitally controlled with the Piper-Plus.
- Closed loop feedback of travel, height control, and all motion parameters
- Distinctive on-board current monitoring and adjustments
- Programmed for exact multi-parameter output
- Supervisor set operating limits to every adjustable parameter
- Pre-programming of an infinite number of procedures and weld passes
- Air-cooled or optional water-cooled welding guns are available
- Automatic Height Control provides constant tip-to-work distance control. Total travel of 4″ (100 mm)
- Made in USA
A Flexible, Compact Drive and Oscillator Combination for Welding in All Positions! The Universal Bug-O-Matic (BUG-5700, BUG-5702, and BUG-5704) is a compact unit that combines a powerful drive and precision oscillator all in one housing.
The unit is lightweight and can easily be handled by one operator. Additionally, the track welding system works in all positions and can be used for vertical and overhead welds. By simply changing the carriage, the unit can work on rigid rail, semi-flex rail, hi-flex rail or complete ring rail welding.
The opening mechanism of the carriage allows the unit to be released or installed anywhere on the rail. While welding, adjustments can be made to the travel speed, amplitude, and oscillation speed, as well as dwell left and dwell right.
The Bug-O Zipper Welder is designed for welding vertical seams on field storage tanks. The system is composed of two standard components: box rail assembly with carriage and the Modular Drive tractor.
The box rail assembly with carriage hangs over the top lip of the course section. It can be rolled into position and is held there by powerful on/off magnets. There are box rails available for 8′ seams and 10′ seams.
The Zipper Welder utilizes the Modular Drive tractor and offers systems set up with a pendulum or linear weavers. There is also an optional Automatic Torch Height Control System available for each unit.
Get In Touch
Whether you have questions about our operator-controlled machines or are interested in buying and need to contact a distributor, we can help. Contact us by filling out our form below or giving us a call. At BUG-O Systems, we are ready to help you access high-quality and efficient mechanized solutions.