Beam Bug III
Reduces Material Handling, Cut Beams, Channels and Angles in Place
The BEAM BUG III is a lightweight, easy to carry machine designed to cut beams, channels and angles from one rail setting. It produces smooth, square, accurate cuts and virtually eliminates grinding and touch-up. Now, you can take the machine to the work and greatly reduce material handling costs.
- Lightweight and portable
- Push button clutch locks the machine onto the beam rail
- Infinitely variable speed control
- Single speed control sets both vertical and horizontal travel speed
- Double-bearing wheels provide rigidity and accuracy
- Made in USA
The Beam Bug III must be used with one of the following beam rails:
- ARR-9114 – Beam Rail for square cutting beams Only, for cuts 2″-18″ (50-450 mm) flanges and 14″ (350 mm) webs
- ARR-9214 – Swivel Mounted Beam Rail for straight, bevel, coping and miter cuts on the web, may also be used for miter cuts on the flanges by rotating the beam
- ARR-9236 – Swivel Mounted Beam Rail (same as ARR-9214), but with cuts 2″-18″ (50-450 mm) flanges and 66″ (1675 mm) webs
- ARR-9120 – Swivel Mounted Beam Rail (same as ARR-9214), with cuts 2″-18″ (50-450 mm) flanges and 120″ (3050 mm) webs
- ARR-9045 – Adjustable Beam Rail with two squaring bars and adjustable locks for miter cuts on webs and flanges 36″ (915 mm) of travel
- ARR-9046 – Adjustable Beam Rail with two squaring bars and adjustable locks for miter cuts on webs and flanges 72″ (1830 mm) of travel
Position the BEAM BUG III onto the workpiece by placing the beam rail on top of the beam. This rail is held in position by powerful permanent magnets and beam clamps. The beam rails enable miter cuts on webs, and when the work can be positioned, on the flanges too.
The carriage has a push-button clutch and locks onto the beam rail. It is easily removed for handling and/or storage. A single speed control sets both vertical and horizontal travel speed. Movement in either direction is selected by a toggle switch. Positive rack and pinion drives with infinitely variable speed control insure precise cutting speeds. Limit switches prevent vertical (flange rail) overrun. Gases are controlled by a quick-acting manifold which eliminates repetitive torch adjustment. Double-bearing wheels provide rigidity and accuracy. The torchholder and torch, swivel to the correct position and positioning pins set bevel angles. The BEAM BUG III is supplied with a 10″ (254 mm) two-hose machine torch and three cutting tips. (Specify fuel gas and voltage when ordering.)
Call factory for pricing.
Get In Touch
Whether you have questions about our operator-controlled machines or are interested in buying and need to contact a distributor, we can help. Contact us by filling out our form below or giving us a call. At BUG-O Systems, we are ready to help you access high-quality and efficient mechanized solutions.