A Flexible, Compact Drive and Oscillator Combination for Welding in All Positions!
The Universal Bug-O-Matic (BUG-5700, BUG-5702 and BUG-5704) is a compact track welder which combines a powerful drive and precision oscillator all in one housing. The unit is lightweight and can easily be handled by one operator. The welding oscillator machine works in all positions and can be used for vertical and overhead welds.
By simply changing the carriage, the unit can work on rigid, semi-flex, hi-flex or complete ring rails. The opening mechanism of the carriage allows the unit to be released or installed anywhere on the rail.
While welding, adjustments can be made to the travel speed, amplitude, and oscillation speed as well as dwell left and dwell right. While the track welder machine is welding, the torch can be guided by a separate steering knob. Closed loop feedback and dynamic braking allow the Bug-O-Matic to make precise starts, stops, and travel at a constant speed.
The Universal Bug-O-Matic with Auto Height Control (BUG-6550, BUG-6552 and BUG-6554) has the same functions as the Universal Bug-O-Matic. However, this automated track welder also features amperage sensing automatic torch height adjustment, maintaining a constant torch to work distance. The Height Control system features a motorized slide that provides a total of 2” (51 mm) of vertical travel.
The Universal Bug-O-Matic welding oscillator unit features a remote control pendant that allows the operator to run the machine from up to 10 feet (3 m) away. The pendant can be clamped to the machine handle for easy storage or transport.
All Universal Bug-O-Matic automated track welders include a Control Orientation Reversing switch as standard. The pendant controls can be set to match the machine orientation. Example: 2 machines, running on one ring, welding a joint on a horizontal pipe.
The Universal Bug-O-Matic is an operator-friendly track welder that produces precise, accurate, high-quality welds. The remote pendant allows the operator to produce repeatable welds with pre-set welding process parameters. As a result, this welding oscillator increases production, reduces dwell time, and improves weld quality and workers’ environment.
Aluminum Rigid Rail
This rail option is ideal for all position straight-line applications.
ARR-1080 [93-1/2″ (2.37 m)] called 8′ (2.37 m) rail
ARR-1085 [46-1/2 (1.18 m)] called 4′ (1.18 m) rail
Extra Heavy Duty aluminum four-legged rigid rail is also available:
ARR-1250 [93-1/2″ (1.18 m)] called 8′ (2.37 m) rail
ARR-1200 [46-1/2″ (1.18 m)] called 4″ (1.18 m) rail
Bent Rigid Rail
This rail features a rigid section of high-quality alloy bent for circumferential applications. The rail can be ordered as a complete ring (BRR-1210-__) or as individual sections (BRR-1180).
This rail option can be bent inside or outside to a minimum radius of 15′ (5 m) without permanent deformation.
The Hi-Flex rail can flex from a straight to a 30″ (760 mm) radius inside or outside.
FMD-2155 – Hi-Flex Rail with 8 Permanent magnets
FMD-2170 – Hi-Flex Rail with 8 Rare Earth On/Off magnets
- Releasable 12″ Carriage (MPD-1065) – has a carrying capacity of 100 lb (45 kg). This carriage can be placed anywhere on the rail by using the knob located on the side of the welding carriage. The knob engages or disengages the wheels from the rail. Use with BUG-O Aluminum Rigid or Semi-Flex Rails.
- 18″ Carriage (MPD-1055) – provides an extended deck for mounting accessories, wire feeder, etc. It has a carrying capacity of 150 lb. (67.5 kg). Use with BUG-O Aluminum Rigid Rail.
- Tube Carriage (BUG-5960) – features a split carriage body for quick and easy placement on the rail. It has a carrying capacity of 100 lb (45 kg). The carriage also offers six (6) wheel positions for circumferential applications over a wide range of diameters. Use with BUG-O Aluminum Rigid, Semi-Flex or Bent Rigid Rails.
- Hi-Flex Carriage (FMD-1100) – can be placed anywhere along the track. By using the quick-release knob on the side of the carriage, the operator can engage/disengage the wheels from the track and relocate it. Use with BUG-O Hi-Flex Rails.
Automatic Height Control
– The BUG-6553 Retrofit (CAS HALL Effect for BUG-5700 TO BUG-5704) allows your Universal Bug-O-Matic to have Automated Height Control (AHC) features. The AHC controls the welding tip to work distance and maintains a constant weld current, or uniform weld penetration.
AHC senses the actual weld current, compares this value to the setpoint, and raises or lowers the welding oscillator’s welding gun accordingly. Controls for the AHC are self-contained, and its drives are independent of those of the drive unit. AHC features a built-in time delay after the welding arc is struck and automatically shuts off when the current drops too low (generally below 60 amp).
The operator can temporarily override AHC using the manual jog switch while welding. AHC resumes as soon as the jog switch is released. To disable the automatic height control, move the Auto/Manual switch on the CAS Electronics Box (CAS-1555) to MANUAL.
NOTE: AHC is designed to work with the welding gun above the workpiece.
Get In Touch
Whether you have questions about our operator-controlled machines or are interested in buying and need to contact a distributor, we can help. Contact us by filling out our form below or giving us a call. At BUG-O Systems, we are ready to help you access high-quality and efficient mechanized solutions.