K-BUG 3000 &
A magnetic travel carriage with oscillation for welding in all positions.
The K-BUG 3000 and the K-BUG 3000-BAT are digital, compact, heavy duty fillet welders with oscillation designed for welding fillet joints. A lightweight, portable carriage utilizes powerful magnets and guide wheel clamps to track directly to the work piece. The compact lightweight design allows the machine to be taken to the workpiece to fit in confined spaces. By taking the gun out of the operator’s hand there is less fatigue for the welder. No more starting and stopping for welds longer than 16 inches. When the K-BUG 3000 / K-BUG 3000-BAT carries the torch, it provides uniform heat input and puts the right amount of weld in the right place.
The K-BUG 3000 and the K-BUG 3000-BAT feature programmable control of weave parameters that include tractor speed, weave speed and weave width. This K-BUG also has independent settings for left / right dwell. Both the K-BUG 3000 and the K-BUG 3000-BAT have the capability to perform in horizontal, vertical and flat positions. Maximum vertical lifting capacity is 50 lbs (22.7 kg). Safety cables are recommended to protect the operator and equipment. Control of all tractor and welding functions can be set or adjusted on the tractor’s panel or remotely via remote control. Remote range is up to 32 ft (10 m) away.
- Digital compact all position fillet welder
- Wireless Remote Control
- Cordless 18 volt battery capable of running two shifts (K-BUG 3000-BAT model only)
- State of the art digital technology ensures accuracy
- Industry’s smallest and lightest all position oscillating fillet welder
- Digital LED display of all parameters
- Independent left / right dwell times
- Five weave patterns
- Permanent magnet for powerful traction
- Magnet release for easy positioning of carriage
- Closed loop speed and position control
- Spatter Guard on work-side wheels
- Electronics rated to 80 C (175 °F)
- Drive Wheels are rated to 400°F (204°C)
- Available in two voltages: 120VAC and 240VAC
- Limit switches provide automatic travel / weld stop
- Programmable weld control features for better puddle control and crater fill
- Cable Anchor (KBUG-1290) – Now included as standard
- 450 Amp Gun/Lincoln 3/4″ (19 mm) (SBG-450-L-) – For LN7, LN8, LN9, LN25, LN742, Synergic 7 & LN10 w/ adapter
- 450 Amp Gun/Lincoln Std. (SBG-450-T-) – For all other Lincoln products
- 450 Amp Gun/Miller (SBG-450-M-)
- 450 Amp Gun/Euro (SBG-450-E-)
- Magwheel Add-On Kit (KBUG-1067) – Used for welding curved irregular shapes
- Replacement Battery (KBUG-1201-BAT)
- 120V Battery Charger (KBUG-1205-BAT)
- 240V Battery Charger (KBUG-1206-BAT)
- 30mm Magsquare (MSQ-150) – The Magsquare is used to activate the limit switch to stop machine travel and welding process.
- Eye Bolt (KBUG-3163) – Connection point for fall arrester when welding out of position
Choose between five weave patterns with just a push of a button.
- NO WEAVE– Straight line
- RUN– The tractor moves continuously during the weave and dwell
- WEAVE– The tractor and weave both stop during dwells
- STEP– The tractor is stationary during the weave and moves only during the dwell
- TRACTOR STOP ON DWELL– While the weave moves away from the tractor, the tractor is stationary. While the weave moves toward the tractor, the tractor also travels.
Get in Touch
Whether you have questions about our operator-controlled machines or are interested in buying and need to contact a distributor, we can help. Contact us by filling out our form below or giving us a call. At Bug-O Systems we are ready to help you access high-quality and efficient mechanized solutions.
Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 4:30pm ET