A magnetic travel carriage for welding continuous or stitch welds in the horizontal position.
The K-BUG 2000 digital, compact dual torch fillet welder is a portable straight-line travel carriage. It is designed to carry two welding guns at the same time to fillet weld both sides of a stiffener at the same time. It can hold straight barrel or gooseneck guns. By creating two continuous or intermittent “stitch” welds at a constant travel speed the K-BUG 2000 simultaneously produces high quality, uniform welds in a fraction of the time compared to manual welding. By taking the gun out of the operator’s hand there is less fatigue for the welder. No more starting and stopping for welds longer than 16 inches. When the K-BUG 2000 carries the torch, it provides uniform heat input and puts the right amount of weld in the right place. Regulated travel speed eliminates excessive weld deposition and helps reduce defects. Precise puddle control improves penetration and controls undercut. The machine’s guide wheels track the workpiece to provide precise, continuous weld placement.
The K-BUG 2000 includes a quick release gun clamp that allows you to set any torch angle you want. The handle is not only for carrying but is also a magnet release. When you pull back on the handle it releases the magnetism to allow for easy positioning.
The machine controls are quite simple: cycle start button, cycle stop button, initiation switches for the two weld contacts so that you can weld with one or two guns, a travel direction switch and the speed control dial, which also doubles as a selector dial when setting the background parameters. The digital speed display numerically shows real-time travel speed in in/min. (cm/min). It also displays parameters during setup of intermittent function and time settings.
- State of the art digital technology ensures accuracy
- High torque, low inertia motor for precise stops and starts
- Drive motor overload protection
- Lightweight carriage with powerful permanent magnets to grip work piece
- Guide wheels track web or flange of work piece
- Closed loop speed control provides adjustable and repeatable control
- Stores travel settings after power is turned off
- Crater fill at the beginning and end of welding
- Two (2) Weld Contactor Enable switches to independently activate each welding torch
- Carriage Travel and arc start in one switch
- Built-in Limit Switches stop tractor travel and welding when activated
- Will climb up a 75° incline
- Digital programming of weld length, skip length and total travel distance
- 450 Amp Gun/Lincoln 3/4″ (19 mm) (SBG-450-L-) – For LN7, LN8, LN9, LN25, LN742, Synergic 7 & LN10 w/ adapter
- 450 Amp Gun/Lincoln Std. (SBG-450-T-) – For all other Lincoln products
- 450 Amp Gun/Miller (SBG-450-M-)
- 450 Amp Gun/Euro (SBG-450-E-)
- Magwheel Add-On Kit (KBUG-1067) – Used for welding curved irregular shapes
- 30mm Magsquare (MSQ-150) – The Magsquare is used to activate the limit switch to stop machine travel and welding process.
- Four Wheel Beam Guide Arm Kit (KBUG-2070-_)
- Four Wheel Beam Guide Arm Kit (KBUG-2070-6) – For 6 – 8″ (152 – 203 mm) flat bar stiffeners
- Four Wheel Beam Guide Arm Kit (KBUG-2070-12) For 8 – 12″ (203 – 304 mm) flat bar stiffeners