K-BUG 1200 &
Increase welding production and improve weld quality, with the freedom of no power cord.
The K-BUG 1200 and the K-BUG 1200-BAT are compact, portable, straight-line tractors equipped with rugged gear drives and an improved torch adjustment profile. The compact lightweight design allows the machine to be taken to the workpiece to fit in confined spaces. The Gear Drive has been incorporated to handle the strain of prolonged operation and to improve reliability. Creating continuous or intermittent “stitch” welds at a constant travel speed produces high quality, uniform welds in a fraction of the time required for manual welding. By taking the gun out of the operator’s hand there is less fatigue for the welder. The welder then monitors the puddle and lets the machine do the motion control. Regulated travel speed eliminates excessive weld deposition and helps reduce defects. Precise puddle control improves penetration and controls undercut.
The K-BUG 1200 and the K-BUG 1200-BAT includes a “Torch Quick Connect” feature that allows the operator to easily remove or install the torch from the machine for quick nozzle cleaning, wire cutting and hand welding. The handle is not only for carrying but is also a magnet release. When you pull back on the handle it releases the magnetism to allow for easy positioning.
The machine controls are quite simple: cycle start button, cycle stop button, weld contactor switch, travel direction switch and the speed control dial, which also doubles as a selector dial when setting the background parameters. The digital speed display numerically shows real-time travel speed in in/min. (cm/min). It also displays parameters during setup of intermittent function and time settings.
- State of the art digital technology ensures accuracy
- Cordless 18volt battery capable of running two eight hour shifts per charge (K-BUG 1200-BAT model only)
- High torque, low inertia motor for precise stops and starts
- Gear driven for greater reliability
- Drive unit motor overload protection
- Low profile, easy to access torch adjustment knobs
- Stores travel settings after power is turned off
- Programmable puddle build and crater fill times
- Weld Contactor Enable Switch
- Carriage Travel and Arc Start in one switch
- Guide wheels track web or flange of work piece
- Capable of traveling up to a 75° incline
- Lightweight carriage with powerful permanent magnets to grip work piece
- Closed loop speed control provides adjustable and repeatable control
- Built-in Stainless Limit Switches stop tractor travel and welding when activated
- Digital programming of weld length, skip length and total travel distance
- Gasket sealed housing provides an IP63 rating
- Torch Holder (KBUG-1100-1) – For 1″ (25.4 mm) diameter torch
- Cable Anchor (KBUG-1290) – Now included as standard
- 450 Amp Gun/Lincoln 3/4″ (19 mm) (SBG-450-L-) – For LN7, LN8, LN9, LN25, LN742, Synergic 7 & LN10 w/ adapter
- 450 Amp Gun/Lincoln Std. (SBG-450-T-) – For all other Lincoln products
- 450 Amp Gun/Miller (SBG-450-M-)
- 450 Amp Gun/Euro (SBG-450-E-)
- Magwheel Add-On Kit (KBUG-1067) – Used for welding curved irregular shapes
- Replacement Battery (KBUG-1201-BAT)
- 120V Battery Charger (KBUG-1205-BAT)
- 240V Battery Charger (KBUG-1206-BAT)
- Long Arm Assembly (KBUG-1170) – Used to extend torch holder for welding outside corners and can adapt for goose neck welding torch (Guide wheel spacers .25″ .5″ & .75″ are included)
- 30mm Magsquare (MSQ-150) – The Magsquare is used to activate the limit switch to stop machine travel and welding process.
Get in Touch
Whether you have questions about our operator-controlled machines or are interested in buying and need to contact a distributor, we can help. Contact us by filling out our form below or giving us a call. At Bug-O Systems we are ready to help you access high-quality and efficient mechanized solutions.
Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 4:30pm ET